The AKC/Eukanuba National Championship began in 2001. How well do you remember the major events in the history of this international show?
- Which breed took Best in Show at the first AKC/Eukanuba in 2001?
a. Wire Fox Terrier
b. Bichon Frise
c. Portuguese Water Dog
d. Kerry Blue Terrier
- At the first AKC/Eukanuba invitational in 2001, how many dogs in each breed were allowed to compete?
a. The top 10 dogs in each breed
b. The top 20 dogs in each breed
c. The top 50 dogs in each breed
d. The top 100 dogs in each breed
- How many dogs in each breed were invited to attend the second AKC/Eukanuba show?
a. The top 10 dogs in each breed
b. The top 15 dogs in each breed
c. The top 20 dogs in each breed
d. The top 25 dogs in each breed
- What Terrier took BIS at AKC/Eukanuba in 2007, the World Dog Show in 2008 and 2009?
a. Smooth Fox Terrier Ch. J’Cobe Kemosabe Vigilante Justice
b. Dandie Dinmont Terrier Ch. Hobergay’s Fineus Fogg
c. Wire Fox Terrier GCh. Afterall Painting The Sky
d. Sealyham Terrier Ch. Efbe’s Hidalgo At Goodspice
- Ch. Jaset Sparks Will Fly and Ch. Cabernet Let’s Go To Jaset were the sire and dam to what 2011 BIS winner at AKC/Eukanuba National Championship?
a. GCh. Jaset’s Satisfaction
b. Ch. Jaset Durandel Start Me Up
c. GCh. Jaset’s Goodnight Kisses
d. Ch. Sparks at Jaset
- The show, held in Orlando, Fla., this year, has also been held in what California city?
a. Long Beach
b. San Diego
c. Santa Barbara
d. Palm Springs
- What group has never had a BIS win at AKC/Eukanuba?
- In what year did the Eukanuba World Challenge competition begin in conjunction with the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship?
- The ASCOB Cocker Spaniel Ch. Very Vigie Vamos a la Playa won the first Eukanuba World Challenge. What country did this dog come from?
- What group has seen the most BIS wins at the AKC/Eukanuba show?
- When was the first annual Breeder of the Year award presented at AKC/Eukanuba?
- What dog won AKC/Eukanuba in 2009 and also made Top Dog of All Breeds in that same year?
a. Scottish Terrier Ch. Roundtown Mercedes Of Maryscot
b. Toy Poodle Ch. Smash JP Moon Walk
c. Doberman Pinscher Ch. Allure Blazing Star Alisaton
d. Pointer Ch. Cookieland Seasyde Hollyberry
- Which dog took BIS at AKC/Eukanuba 2011 and BIS at the World Challenge in 2012?
a. Australian Shepherd GCh. Propwash Reckon
b. Standard Poodle GCh. Jaset’s Satisfaction
c. Bracco Italiano Ch. Axel Del Monte Alago
d. Doberman Pinscher Ch. Alex De Akido San
- Who was the Best in Show judge at the first AKC/Eukanuba in 2001?
a. Constance M. Barton
b. Michele L. Billings
c. Edd E. Bivin
d. Dorothy Nickles
- In what year were foreign entries first allowed to compete?
- The Bred-By-Exhibitor competition began in what year?
- What was the first year the show was aired live on Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel?
d. It has never aired live
- Ch. Cookieland Seasyde Hollyberry took home BIS in 2008. She is the top winner of all time in what breed?
b. Standard Poodle
c. Belgian Sheepdog
d. Gordon Setter
- What year did the United States win the World Challenge for the first time with Australian Shepherd GCh. Propwash Reckon?
- All Best in Show winners are awarded a Tiffany loving cup. One cup has all of the winners’ names carved onto the pedestal and is permanently displayed where?
a. At the AKC Library in New York City
b. In the current winner’s home
c. At the AKC Operations Center in Raleigh, N.C.
d. At the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando
Scroll down to see the answers.
- B. Bichon Frise Ch. Special Times Just Right! won the first AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.
- B. The top 20 dogs in each breed were invited to compete in 2001.
- D. In 2002, the top 25 in each breed were invited to compete, plus any dog that won a BIS between January 1 and October 7 of that year.
- D. Ch. Efbe’s Hidalgo At Goodspice won in 2007.
- A. Standard Poodle GCh. Jaset’s Satisfaction.
- A. AKC/Eukanuba was held in Long Beach, Calif. in 2003, and from 2006 to 2010.
- C. No dog in the Toy Group ever took BIS at AKC/Eukanuba.
- C. The Eukanuba World Challenge began in 2007.
- A. Ch. Very Vigie Vamos a la Playa is from Switzerland.
- A. The Terrier group has seen the most Bests in Show; five terriers have won.
- B. The first Breeder of the Year award was in 2002, and the award went to Wendell J. Sammet of Ale Kai Poodles.
- A. Scottish Terrier Ch. Roundtown Mercedes Of Maryscot was also Top Dog in 2009.
- B. Standard Poodle GCh. Jaset’s Satisfaction won both the National Championship and the World Challenge.
- D. Dorothy Nickles was the first Best in Show judge.
- A. Foreign entries competed for the first time in 2003 in Long Beach, Calif.
- B. Bred-by-Exhibitor competition began in 2003.
- B. The show first aired live in 2005.
- A. Ch. Cookieland Seasyde Hollyberry is a Pointer.
- C. In 2011 the first United States dog won the World Challenge.
- A. The Tiffany loving cup is on display at the AKC Library in New York City.
Article Tags:akc · akc/eukanuba · dog channel · dog show · eukanuba · history · national championship · show dogs
Article Categories:Dogs In Review