This water loving retriever loves to play fetch and swim. Descended from dogs found in Newfoundland they were crossed with other sporting breeds to create the strong, sturdy Labrador Retriever. It’s outgoing, eager to please attitude make them a popular choice for families that can keep up with their active lifestyles. Learn more about the Labrador Retriever >>
Here are the top ten Labrador Retriever dog names:
- Buddy — Friend; brother. (English)
- Max — The greatest. (Latin)
- Jake — Held by the heel; supplanter. (Hebrew)
- Molly — Star of the sea. (Irish and Latin)
- Daisy — Eye of the day; synonym for Sun. (English)
- Bailey — Steward; in charge. (English and French)
- Maggie — Pearl. (Greek)
- Lucy — Light. (Latin)
- Duke — Leader; noble. (English)
- Jack — God is gracious. (English)
Read More Labrador Retriever Articles
A Laidback Labrador Retriever
Lab lovers seek to get a new dog, but are worried about the breed’s exercise needs.
Characteristics of the Labrador Retriever
Friendly, even temperament, outgoing nature, trainability, versatility, loyalty, affection… and the list goes on!
For almost a quarter of a decade, Labrador Retrievers have been the most popular dog breed.