The Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier’s name says it all: They have a soft coat of a wheaten hue. But there is more to the Wheaten’s coat than meets the eye. This friendly and playful terrier has a signature coat that will at times make you smile and at times make you exasperated.
Here are ten things you need to know about the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier’s wavy mane.
1. When Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers are puppies, their fur is brown.
2. Their coat doesn’t shed very much, so you can wear all black everything with confidence.
3. It does, however, require regular brushing and trimming.
4. Without regular grooming, their unruly hair can make it hard for them to see.
5. And they are prone to bedhead.
6. Their fur gets pretty curly when wet.
7. And mud clings to it.
8. So does snow.
9. Lots of snow.
10. But its silky, smooth texture will make you never want to let your Wheaten go.