Although Shih Tzus love a good lap to nap on, their naturally spunky personality compels them to be more than just a lap warmer. Despite their minuscule size, the Shih Tzu’s DNA is believed to be closely related to that of the wolf — and that little connection comes out in a big way once they jump off the couch. This impish pup is surprisingly active and won’t settle for being a lap, or purse, accessory.
Here are eight Shih Tzus proving that they more than just a decorative dog.
1. They are world travelers. Here’s one at Buchan Ness lighthouse in Scotland.
2. They perform Mozart concertos.
3. They let the beat drop.
4. They’re real go-getters in the workplace.
5. Shih Tzus work out.
6. They climb mountains.
7. They’re not afraid to get their hair wet.
8. And they’re always down for a game of fetch.