A Basset Hound’s loose skin, long ears and droopy eyes make them look a little sad — a bit like Eeyore from “Winnie the Pooh.” But don’t let their somber appearance fool you. The friendly Basset Hound is a care-free, mild-mannered canine; they are loving and sweet, and actually very happy dogs, despite their resting sad face.
Here are eight reasons why the Basset Hound is jumping for joy on the inside, even though he looks distressed on the outside.
1. They are one of the best scent hounds on the planet.
2. They are excellent at accessorizing.
3. They are very handsome hounds!
4. Their families provide them with great toys.
5. Their long bodies fit perfectly on their owner’s legs.
6. They know how to rock a sweater.
7. The best part of their sad face? They ALWAYS get extra treats!
8. But really, the best part of their gloomy expression is the fact that with just one look they melt everyone’s heart, which warms theirs.