The West Highland White Terrier, or Westie, has no shortage of self-esteem. And with that confidence comes self-reliance. Don’t worry, your Westie is not planning on abandoning your family to get an affordable one bedroom on the up-and-coming side of town — they are not that freewheeling. Westies are loving, loyal companions who just also happen to have the energy and tenacity to want to pursue their own adventures and don’t need to be coddled.
Here are seven signs your Westie is thinking about moving out (but probably won’t).
1. He’s mastered the art of cooking for one.
2. He has gone out and gotten himself a respectable job.
3. He does his own grocery shopping.
4. He went on a cross-country road trip solo. Selfie!
5. He’s all about his alone time.
6. But loves spending quality time with his girlfriend and just might be saving up for a ring.
7. And in the evening, he gives you a questioning look like, “What have you been doing all day?”