Border Collies are energetic, super-intelligent dogs who thrive when working. If they are not being mentally and physically stimulated, they can become bored and restless, so it’s best to provide them with plenty of exercise.
These highly-trainable dogs are whip-smart and sensitive to what their owners ask of them. At other times, though, they will simply continue doing what they have set their mind to until they are satisfied. But no matter what the situation, they are always hyper-focused on the task at hand — whether that be herding sheep or agility training or insisting that you play a game of fetch.
Here are seven signs your dog is a Border Collie through and through.
1. He still wants to play catch even after the ball has been destroyed.
2. He would never think about quitting on an obstinate sheep.
3. He is intent on mastering all the tricks.
4. He doesn’t blink an eye when asked to help organize something.
5. He jumps behind the bar at every party he goes to.
6. He often takes other dogs for long walks.
7. And he’s in the top of his class in obedience school.