Both short-haired and long-haired Selkirk Rex cats have one thing in common – they look a wee-bit more like a sheep than a typical housecat. What differentiates the Selkirk Rex from other curly-coated cat breeds is the fact that their fur is soft and their little ringlets curl up close to the cat’s body, hence the sheep-like appearance.
Is that a sheep or is that a Selkirk Rex? Here are seven Selkirk Rex cats whose fleecy fur has them acting more like a member of the flock than a lone kitty.
1. “Mary had a little Selkirk. Me!”
2. “When you rub my tummy, I bahh instead of purr.”
3. “I am not the black sheep of the family. You take that back!”
4. “I may look like Lamb Chop the puppet, but you’ll be wise to keep your hand away from my backside.”
5. “If you can’t sleep at night, you can just count me as I jump over the bed.”
6. “You can’t flatiron these curls. Believe me, I’ve tried!”
7. “But don’t you ever think about shearing my fur — I love it!”