The Thai cat is a descendent of the original Thailand cats. They have round heads, bright blue eyes and light bodies with dark points. Western breeders originally took these cats and bred them to have more exaggerated characteristics and lither bodies, creating the modern-day Siamese. But not everyone liked the new, highly stylized look and some breeders chose to maintain the cat’s original traits.
Both The International Cat Association (TICA) and Europe’s World Cat Federation recognize the Thai as its own breed, but these cats are still often called the “Traditional” or “Classic” Siamese. And they take their classic lifestyle seriously!
Here are six ways Thai cats keep it old school.
1. They still send out professionally posed Christmas cards.
2. They stick to wrought-iron cookware instead of trendy Teflon.
3. They decorate their homes in the traditional style.
4. They keep their look timeless.
5. They cook the staples.
7. They aren’t ruled by electronics and enjoy unplugging from the rest of the world.