The British Shorthair is decidedly British, and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
The British Shorthair is consistently one of the most popular cat breeds in the United Kingdom. They are stocky and round with plush teddy-bear faces, but it is their calm personality that makes them special. Like most Brits, they can come across as a bit reserved, but these cats are actually very friendly and loving.
Here are six British Shorthairs acting like the proper Brits that they are.
1. This one who always wears her invisible crown to feel like royalty.
“God save the queen.”
2. This one who loves herself some fine crystal.
“Baccarat or bust.”
3. This one who is not afraid to decorate with national pride in mind.
“Union Jack is my favorite print.”
4. This one who knows how to make a perfect fire.
“When you’re used to the drafty weather, you become an expert at making the room cozy.”
5. This one who has a rapier wit and loves to be showcased through a lens.
“Two kitties walk into a bar…”
6. This one who knows the importance of a tasteful flower arrangement at high tea.
“These peonies go impeccably with my china.”