You’re single. Except for hanging out with your canine companion, you spend most evenings heating up a microwave dinner and watching the latest episode of your favorite TV show. OK, so that probably doesn’t actually describe you, but if you are single, your dog can help you get a date. Here are five ways he does just that:
1. They get you out of the house, where you’ll actually meet real people out in the real world.
2. They’re so cute at least one person you find attractive will approach you.
3. Dogs are conversation starters. “Your dog is gorgeous. What’s his name?” “That’s a great dog. I had a [whatever the breed is] when I was a kid.” “We should get together for a doggy play date.” The possibilities are endless.
4. Dogs help you meet people like you. Take your pooch for a walk in the dog park or for a visit to the dog beach. Once there, you’ll meet others with dogs, which means you’ll have a head start in the relationship by already having something in common.
5. And if none of those works, there’s always Tindog, the dating app for people with dogs.
Did your dog help you meet your significant other? Share your story in the comments below.