1. “You never see a cat-lover’s car parked outside a psychiatrist’s office.” Julie Simons, Lompoc, Calif.
2. “The smallest feline is a masterpiece.” Leonardo da Vinci
3. “Something happens when a cat is in the room, a sort of cozy, at-peace ambience ensues.” Charlene Slocum, Downey, Calif.
4. “Dogs are always willing to jump up on your lap and lick your face. But with cats, you have to earn their love and devotion.” Mary Jo Hendrickson, Monroe, Wis.
5. “Cats are the epitome of elegance.” Darlene Cox, Ypsilanti, Mich.
6. “Of all God’s creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.” Mark Twain
7. “If you don’t like cats, chances are you’ve never lived with one.” Cecilia Thorp, Medford, Ore.
8. “Chaos splatters the world; hatred splashes the headlines. Friends betray. Passion dies. Yet I look into Bunker’s eyesI see his trusthis love, and I rise to meet the challenges of the day.” Raynette Mayer, Augusta, Ga.
9. “Heaven just ain’t gonna be complete, unless all of my cats are there for me to greet!” Delores Barnes, Hiawassee, Ga.
10. “Cats are great friends that love us unconditionally, especially when it’s time to eat.” Cathy Schuette, Sunset Hills, Mo.
11. “Way down deep, we’re all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.” Jim Davis
12. “Scoop your cat’s litterbox twice a day. How do you feel when you walk into a bathroom and see an unflushed toilet?” Karen Miller, DVM, Metairie, La.
13. “We may claim to be cat owners, but both we and the cat know better.” Sandy Hull, Cable, Ohio